Home » Uncategorized

The Roadhouse 100

13 January 2007 8,120 views 9 Comments

nullThe 100th Roadhouse Podcast is a party. Hop in as we roll the ’57 Cadillac convertible of the blues, top down and full speed, straight down highway 61. Double Trouble, Tommy Castro, Roscoe Chenier, and Lil’ Ed and the Blues Imperials headline the party, without so much as a break in the pace. It’s the 100th party in The Roadhouse – 100 hours of the finest blues you’ve never heard.

[2:50 PM CST Note: Most of the show notes are up, as promised. They’re lacking iTunes links. The iTunes Link Maker is taking as long as 60 seconds to load, if it loads at all. I’ll try again later to include these links.]

The Roadhouse Podcast 100 Show Notes

Blues Guitar Women

Drew, MississippiBoo Boo Davis
Got The Blues In My Heart
Black and Tan
Drew, Mississippi

Break2

Save 10% on any order at GoDaddy.com!

Roscoe StyleRoscoe Chenier

Just Won’t Burn

Total Running Time: 61:00
Total Premium Running Time: 61:42

* Roadhouse Premium Only

9 Comments »

• John Rummel said:

What an episode Tony, and what a landmark for podcasting and for blues! If it weren’t for the playoff games today, I’d be on iTunes purchasing a few CDs right now. Looking forward to the next 100!

• Tony Steidler-Dennison (author) said:

Thanks, John. I’m just finishing up my first “start to finish” listen to the show right now. (I usually do that about twice a week – once for self-criticism and once just because I love the music!) I think the upbeat tempo was the right one for a milestone edition. It sure made writing test cases easier, in any event.

I can’t emphasize enough how much I appreciate that you’ve subscribed and continued to hang around, along with the other regular listeners. As much as I tell myself differently, I might have given up the ghost early if the listenership hadn’t continued to grow. Now, it’s really one of the biggest highlights of my week – putting the show together and reading the feedback on each edition. Thanks, so much, for help making it far more than just worth the time.

• Palo Alto John said:

Tony!!!

Man! I totally meant to call in a greeting, and then it was the weekend again. Dang!! At any rate, congratulations on a serious milestone… although another one is but a month away (104 = 2 full years). Maybe I’ll call in a greets for that…

At any rate, on behalf of the many podcast listeners who spend each slightly red-eyed Sunday morning listening to the podcast while having their first coffee after Saturday night… (I mean, I really hope I’m not the only one) , keep up the great work.

Cheers!
    P. A. J.

• Tony Steidler-Dennison (author) said:

S’Alright, John. I forgot to send you a big thanks for the great Christmas music, too. I listened to it throughout the season, but just never thought to send an email. Thank you very much.

Thanks, too, for the great comments.

• Jan Pope said:

Love the Roadhouse. Best dose of blues around. Thanks for all of your hard work and continuing to showcase these great musicians.

• Jeff Mayer said:

I just opened itunes to find all the Roadhouse shows of last year that I missed loaded and ready to go !!! My wife and I met Debbie Davies a few weeks ago at Chans [a local blues club here] in Woonsocket RI. She put on an awesome show! Jimmy Thackery in a couple of weeks…it’s only getting better….Keep up the great work on the Roadhouse Tony; I love the show. Jeff M

• Dana Huff said:

Tony, thank you so much for this podcast. I went to Memphis for the first time last weekend and saw live blues at the Rum Boogie Cafe. I was always a fan of Stevie Ray Vaughan and some Delta Blues musicians like Robert Johnson, but I hadn’t listened to real, live, “modern” blues in some time, and now I can’t get enough. Your podcast has been great for feeding my blues jones and for introducing me to new artists. Thanks so much for taking the time to put it out there for us.

• mrsharkattack said:

congrats on show 100. it couldn’t have happened to a better podcast.

• Sean Jamison said:

Tony,

What a blistering set my friend! I have listened to this podcast at least 5 times now and can’t get enough of it! Thanks for spreading the gospel of what is in my mind the greatest and purest art form around from the trailblazers and trendsetters, to the artists that continue to carry the torch today. Here’s to 100 more and beyond!

Sean Jamison